DataStax Cloud Platform is Now Available
Based in Santa Clara, DataStax provides data management to the world’s most innovative companies, such as Netflix, Safeway, ING, Adobe, Intuit and eBay. Based in Santa Clara, Calif., DataStax is backed by industry-leading investors including Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, Light speed Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital, Premji Invest and Scale Venture Partners.
On May 23, this year DataStax simplified delivering Cloud applications at Scale with DataStax Managed Cloud.
DataStax ‘s Martin Van Ryswyk, EVP of Engineering said “all full-time engineering employees (at Data Scale) will join DataStax”, and the NoSQL business has also announced plans to make available its own DataStax Managed Cloud – a “secure, fully-managed data service” – which will debut on AWS in early 2017, before arriving on other public clouds.
As the company always quotes ‘Powering the moment’, it proves it rightly well.
NoSQL player DataStax has announced the availability of a managed cloud service, which is now available on AWS, but will expand to Microsoft Azure and Google soon.
What is DataStax Managed cloud?
It is a fully-managed service of the DataStax Enterprise (DSE) data platform, which makes it easier and faster for enterprises to deliver cloud applications at scale. DataStax Managed Cloud combines DSE in a white glove service featuring the company’s proven support and professional services, and technology and expertise from the recently acquired company Data Scale to help enterprises make the most of their data infrastructures to achieve business goals faster and focus on driving innovation.
Key features of DataStax Managed Cloud:
- DataStax Managed Cloud offers choice and flexibility allowing enterprises to achieve business goals faster and focus on driving innovation.
- Focus on business innovation by allowing organizations to offload operations to DataStax, simplifying data management and reducing risk within an environment managed by experts. DataStax Managed Cloud lets customers easily scale data management as their business expands.
- Time-to-market acceleration on a single underlying data layer that can run both on-premises and on public clouds, which requires no re-write of applications against every cloud provider’s proprietary data services and allows organizations to create APIs and micro-services architectures for a consistent data layer
- Choice and flexibility to support hybrid architecture needs by extending your data management platform to fit your hybrid cloud architectures, span or migrate across infrastructure models with 100% compatibility while avoiding cloud vendor lock-in by retaining data autonomy. Customers also have the option to use the DSE Operations Service to increase operational effectiveness of their own private or public cloud environment of DSE.
- DataStax Managed Cloud eliminates the time spent on data management operations and allows customers to focus on their core business. DataStax Managed Cloud also provides customers with deployment flexibility in achieving real-time data management at scale in the cloud.
“DataStax Managed Cloud provides flexibility for our customers, which allows them to focus on higher-level pieces of their business. DataStax Managed Cloud makes our portfolio the most comprehensive in the data management industry and the most laser-focused on cloud applications that define computing today”, said Billy Bosworth, CEO at DataStax.
About the Author
DataFactZ is a professional services company that provides consulting and implementation expertise to solve the complex data issues facing many organizations in the modern business environment. As a highly specialized system and data integration company, we are uniquely focused on solving complex data issues in the data warehousing and business intelligence markets.